Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update on Christopher

He is in Michigan at his new host family and doing great. Almost sleeping through the night. He was unable to do that here with us.

I am attaching photo and part of the update his host mom Sue sent me. love V

Hi Vanessa!
I wanted to give you an update on Christopher.

He is a wonderful baby! He is mostly good natured, he does get crabby when he is tired. He now lets me rock him and I pat his back until he falls asleep. He loves to sit in one of several chairs I have for him and watch tv. He babbles and coos. He loves my husband and shows him with a smile :)

His tummy is doing fine. You must have broke him in for me because he has yet to throw up on me. I still don't let him eat more than 3 or 4 ounces at a time though. He only wakes one time at night, usually between 1 and 3 am. He eats a little and goes back to sleep within an hour.

His MRI is scheduled for tomorrow. He can have formula up until 7 am and then water after that until 10. His MRI is scheduled for noon and then we see the surgeon next Tuesday.

Even though this is a major lifestyle adjustment for me, I love doing this. I am anxious for his upcoming surgery so that he can start on the road to recovery.

My community is wonderful, I have had tons of diapers and formula donated to me, as well as gas cards to help me with the many trips to the doctors.

I will send you another update in a couple of days.

Much peace,

Sue Gasieski


No comments: