Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all


Vanessa and I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the incredible moms out there that are working with us to make Angel Missions Haiti a successful mission. We know that there are times when being a mom is tough regardless of what country you live in, but we are thankful that so many moms here in the US have stepped forward to help those struggling moms in Haiti. I can't imagine the courage it must take to hand your baby to a complete stranger trusting only in God's love for them and a prayer that all will turn out well. We have mother's do that each month as we get on an airplane with their children in an effort to save their lives. We also know how hard it is for host moms to kiss the beautiful children they have come to love for the very last time as they send them back to life in Haiti. Once again, it calls for an incredibly strong trust in God that He will care for them always.
Here is a short slideshow for all those wonderful moms we work with each day! You can see the love and strength on their faces and I take heart knowing that they are working beside us to save these children. There is strength in our unity!

2 comments:

-kate- said...

Aww, what a lovely picture! Such a surprise to come on and see Widline on here! I love that picture of her! xo She brings so much sunshine to my life! Thanks so much! I also love the slideshow! You really hit home when you talked of the day the children leave their host homes to go home. I so dread that day, even though I know that is the plan. We love Widline as if she was one of our own! I hope she carries our love with her throughout her life. In helping her, she has helped us! She has been a huge blessing to us! I never knew how much I would learn form the precious baby girl!

Karen Combes said...

what a beautiful post! I loved the pictures and the sara grove's song. thanks for sharing.
Blessings ~karen