Friday, February 8, 2008

Message from Vanessa

I am very happy to send this email. It was a hard trip home, but I am so thankful for the detour. My detour took me through PA and this is where Joanise needed to go. We wereable to contact the host parents and see if they wanted to meet us at the airport. Unfortunately, we were very late getting in, so I was invited to spend the night with Greg, Georganne and Gwen. They took me back to the airport the very next morning. Where I found out I had to fly to Charolette before I would then get to Roanoke. (I was not to happy) But went with it. Got to Charlotte fine had my 3 hour layover got on our plane and were taxing to take off when the engine caught fire. Yep that is what I said. So with a sudden stop door thrown open I helped the elderly lady behind me out and away from the plane. We all made it out ok and the Staff got the fire under control very quickly.
The whole time I kept saying thank you lord I did not have Joinise with me. It would have been impossible to get her off the plane with out jarring her head. God was watching out for us.


Joanise arrived in PA has been with her host family since last Friday and they have fallen in love with her. We want to thank the airline personal of American Airlines and US Airways. Joinise was able to make her trips with no problems. She will go for her pre surgery appointment next week and have surgery the week after that.

Cyndie who arrived with Ben and Jen on Jan. 26 had her heart surgery today. She came though the two hour procedure great. I am told she will be able to return home within the next 6 weeks. It is so wonderful that God has opened so many doors for these precious children. Please keep them and all of the children who are waiting for surgery in your prayers. .

Thanks for the prayers
love V

2 comments:

Rose Anne said...

Vanessa,
Thank you for all your hard work and love that you have for the children of Haiti and their famlies!!
Will be Praying for these precious kids!
God Bless,
Rose Anne ( Saul's Mommy)

Anonymous said...

Vanessa,
Thank you for all your work, patience and love for these children!
Blessings!
Chrissy in PA (NorthPointe contact, friends of Georganne and Greg)